Full Rules and dates and check-in times for the BYC Finals are available at: www.britishfencing.com/events/british_youth_championships/
• Must be resident in the North East Region or a member of a North East fencing club
• Compete level membership British Fencing on the day of Regional Qualifier and Finals (https://www.britishfencing.com/become-a-member/)
Years of Birth for this season are:
• U12 – Born 2008 or 2009
• U14 – Born 2006 or 2007
• U16 – Born 2004 or 2005
• U18 – Born 2002 or 2003
• Fencers must be UK residents
• In the U12 & U14 Competitions, the maximum blade sizes are: Foil - size 3, Epée - size 2 and Sabre – size 2.
• In the U16 & U18 Foil Events size 5 blades will be used throughout, and lame bibs and mask wires will be required [British Fencing Kit Requirements]
• In the U16 & U18 Sabre events, 800N FIE gloves will be necessary.